> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Debtor and Creditor > My husband's winnings were $9,718.00 at a Internet Cafe and they refuse to pay for his winnings. What can we do about it?

My husband's winnings were $9,718.00 at a Internet Cafe and they refuse to pay for his winnings. What can we do about it?

1 Answers. Asked on Feb 24th, 2017 on Debtor and Creditor - Florida
More details to this question:
My husband's played on a machine and kept hitting jackpots until his total win was $9718.00. When he went to cash out the winnings, the employee unplugged the machine and reset it to erase earnings. Fortunately, we were so excited about his winnings and took a picture of the screen before the system was disconnected. Can we sure for th amount he should've collected?
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Feb 24th, 2017 at 6:08 AM

Possibly - the question will be is it worth you spending money out of pocket to do so on legal fees and expenses and whether the entity that may owe you the funds is collectible. 

All responses are NOT to be considered legal advice nor to be relied upon in any as such nor to establish any form of attorney/client relationship. Opinions expressed are solely informational and not a substitute for proper legal advice provided by a properly retained after thoroughly researching the issues presented.

Report Abuse
Debtor and Creditor
Just because you owe money to another person, a bank, credit card company, landlord or another party doesn't mean you've signed away your legal rights. Federal and state debtor-creditor laws explain both the legal rights and obligations of debtors (people who owe money) and creditors (those who are owed money). If you're being hounded by collection agencies and debt collectors, talk to a debtor and creditor attorney who can help you enforce your legal rights while also working to explore debt relief options. Your lawyer can discuss the pros and cons of debt settlement, garnishment, personal bankruptcy and other possible solutions.
Have an Debtor and Creditor Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

307 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

236 Answers, 43 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

146 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

120 Answers, 21 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

100 Answers, 8 Legal Topics

R. Sam Price

Attorney - California

95 Answers, 13 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

88 Answers, 31 Legal Topics

Debtor and Creditor Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums