> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Collections > how to enforce judgement for rents from New York Court in Maryland

how to enforce judgement for rents from New York Court in Maryland

1 Answers. Asked on Mar 14th, 2017 on Collections - New York
More details to this question:
Dear sir/Madam: I am a landlord from New York. My tenant missed rent payment for 5 month and has moved to Maryland from New York. I got judgement for rents, but I do not know where tenant move to. I know where they are working in Maryland. Is it possible to collect the judgement for rents in Maryland? How much would you charge for collection? I am looking forward to hearing from you. Sincerely Olivia Yu
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Mar 14th, 2017 at 6:38 PM

You need to domesticate your judgment in MD, and levy there.  Thus, you need an MD lawyer.

Report Abuse
Are you buried deep in debt? Are creditors and collection agencies calling you? Is your paycheck being garnished to pay your bills? Are debt collectors harassing you? Even if you owe money to creditors, you still have legal rights under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. A collections attorney can help enforce your legal rights while also negotiating debt settlements or garnishment plans with your creditors. Your lawyer can also defend you in court if you've been sued by a creditor or debt collection agency.
Have an Collections Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

307 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

236 Answers, 43 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

146 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

120 Answers, 21 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

100 Answers, 8 Legal Topics

R. Sam Price

Attorney - California

95 Answers, 13 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

88 Answers, 31 Legal Topics

Collections Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums