> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Debtor and Creditor > I want to know to sue someone for $10,00 that he owes me and having his wages garnished.

I want to know to sue someone for $10,00 that he owes me and having his wages garnished.

1 Answers. Asked on Jul 25th, 2017 on Debtor and Creditor - Florida
More details to this question:
The money he owes me was for loans I made to him for medical care, car payments, and as well as other things and also some items he took from my home. I have papers that he signed agreeing that he owes me the money. I would think that would be adequate proof. I happen to also have a felony charge against him because he stole $2500 from me, but that currently has a waiver on it, and it is a separate issue from this case.
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Jul 27th, 2017 at 6:30 AM

YOujust have to decide whether its worth spending more money on legal fees to sue the person hoping to get a judgment you can collect on. 

All responses are NOT to be considered legal advice nor to be relied upon in any as such nor to establish any form of attorney/client relationship. Opinions expressed are solely informational and not a substitute for proper legal advice provided by a properly retained after thoroughly researching the issues presented.

Report Abuse
Debtor and Creditor
Just because you owe money to another person, a bank, credit card company, landlord or another party doesn't mean you've signed away your legal rights. Federal and state debtor-creditor laws explain both the legal rights and obligations of debtors (people who owe money) and creditors (those who are owed money). If you're being hounded by collection agencies and debt collectors, talk to a debtor and creditor attorney who can help you enforce your legal rights while also working to explore debt relief options. Your lawyer can discuss the pros and cons of debt settlement, garnishment, personal bankruptcy and other possible solutions.
Have an Debtor and Creditor Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

356 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

242 Answers, 47 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

179 Answers, 25 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

115 Answers, 18 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

81 Answers, 17 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

80 Answers, 31 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

71 Answers, 8 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums