I received a 1099-C (Cancellation of Debt) last year and claimed on my taxes. This week i received writ of garshiment. Is that legal?

Asked on Jan 26th, 2017 on Debtor and Creditor - Michigan
More details to this question:
Answered on Jan 27th, 2017 at 6:38 AM
No. Get to a good local lawyer right away, but you might first call the company behind this (or the lawyer who got the garnishment) and see if you can convince them to stop right away before you sue them for harrassment. Good Luck.
Report Abuse

David J. Hutchinson 106 N. 4th Ave Ann Arbor, MI 734-930-9000

Ask a Lawyer

Lawyers from our extensive network are ready to answer your question.

0 out of 150 characters