> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Collections > what can i do with inconsistent billing balancese

what can i do with inconsistent billing balancese

1 Answers. Asked on Mar 10th, 2017 on Collections - Florida
More details to this question:
A medical bill was sent to a collection agency and I agreed to pay a monthly amount. The account was taken from the collection agency by the original billing co.The balance before it was taken back was $285.00 then was billed $424.00 and put under investigation.The next bill after investigation $303.00 when speaking with the rep. she noted that there was an additional $51.56 which was not on the bill. Next to the amount, sates current patient responsibility. Now they are to send me a different bill with a balance of the $303.0 + $51.56 which will amount to $354.81. I requested to print on the bill to come, final payment for i keep receiving inconsistent amounts.
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Mar 13th, 2017 at 12:54 PM

This could be a collection violation if they are claiming you owe more money than you do ornot giving you credit for payments made. If so, you might be able to sue them for $1,000.00 damages and make them pay the legal fees. 

All responses are NOT to be considered legal advice nor to be relied upon in any as such nor to establish any form of attorney/client relationship. Opinions expressed are solely informational and not a substitute for proper legal advice provided by a properly retained after thoroughly researching the issues presented.

Report Abuse
Are you buried deep in debt? Are creditors and collection agencies calling you? Is your paycheck being garnished to pay your bills? Are debt collectors harassing you? Even if you owe money to creditors, you still have legal rights under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. A collections attorney can help enforce your legal rights while also negotiating debt settlements or garnishment plans with your creditors. Your lawyer can also defend you in court if you've been sued by a creditor or debt collection agency.
Have an Collections Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

326 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

241 Answers, 44 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

177 Answers, 25 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

104 Answers, 9 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

97 Answers, 17 Legal Topics

Mr. Max L. Rosenberg

Attorney - Connecticut

85 Answers, 34 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

69 Answers, 25 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums