What would be the best way for me to get rent that is owed?

Asked on Dec 03rd, 2017 on Debtor and Creditor - Florida
More details to this question:
My ex-girlfriend and I moved into an apartment that we both signed a lease for but now that we are no longer together she has been refusing to pay her half of the rent. We both agreed that we would split everything 50/50. Now for the pass three months I have been paying the rent by myself leaving me in a really tight situation. I have asked her multiple times to help pay, now she does not answer any calls or text.
Report Abuse
Answered on Dec 05th, 2017 at 5:59 AM
No such "best" way. Unless she is very wealthy, you are likely wasting your time with any type of lawsuit. This is the peril of "living together" and intertwining finanical issues. 

All responses are NOT to be considered legal advice nor to be relied upon in any as such nor to establish any form of attorney/client relationship. Opinions expressed are solely informational and not a substitute for proper legal advice provided by a properly retained after thoroughly researching the issues presented.

Report Abuse

Ask a Lawyer

Lawyers from our extensive network are ready to answer your question.

0 out of 150 characters